Publix Super Markets’ carelessness may cause you to slip, fall and injure your neck. If so, you may have a case.
Let’s look at some cases where shoppers claimed that a Florida Publix’s negligence caused them to slip, fall and hurt their neck.
Shopper Gets $47,500 Settlement for Neck and Other Injuries from Publix Slip and Fall
This is not my case. However, I settled fall down claims with Publix. A 53-year-old woman slipped and fell at a Publix in Broward County, Florida.
My thoughts: I am not sure how many disc bulges the shopper had. I do not know the amount of medical bills that she had to pay from this accident.
This case is one of the first reported cases against Publix since the new slip and fall law went into effect on July 1, 2010. Surprisingly Publix admitted liability (fault).
I could not find any information as to how the shopper was able to show that Publix knew or should have known that the water was on the floor.
The case is Jeanne Michel and Jacques Jules vs. Publix Supermarkets, Inc. 11-004678.
Publix Customer Wins $193,500 Verdict for Neck and Other Injuries from Slip and Fall
This is not my case. A customer claimed that she slipped and fell on an unknown substance at a Publix in Broward County, Florida.
She argued that Publix failed to provide a safe environment for her. She also claimed that Publix negligently allowed a dangerous condition remain for an unreasonable length of time.
She alleged that Publix failed to remedy or warn of the known dangerous condition. Publix denied liability and argued that the woman was not hurt as bad as she claimed.
The jury found her to be 5% at fault. She claimed the following injuries:
- neck (cervical) and back (lumbar) strains.
- torn rotator cuff that required surgery
- bruises to her arm
She was awarded $193,500. The breakdown of the verdict is:
- $69,500 for pain and suffering
- $44,000 for past medical expenses and
- $80,000 for future medical expenses.
The case is Lopez v. Publix Supermarkets, Inc. 05-1465.
My thoughts: The woman who fell was awarded $69,500 for pain and suffering. Most of this money was probably for her torn rotator cuff that required surgery.
Most juries do not award much for a simple neck and back pain or bruises. This award for pain and suffering is below the average settlement range for a torn rotator cuff with surgery in Florida.
Check Out These 11 Must See Publix Accident Claim Articles:
- Herniated Disc Slip and Fall Claims with Publix Supermarket in Florida
- Publix Supermarket Shoulder Injury Claims from Slip and Falls in Florida
- Slip and falls at Florida Publix Supermarkets
- Trip and falls at Florida Publix Supermarkets
- Publix Supermarket Injury Claims for Florida Accidents
- Publix Supermarket Hand or Wrist Injury Claims from Slip and Falls in Florida
- $31,000 Verdict : Slip and Fall at Publix Resulted in Back Surgery
- $96,000 Verdict : Hip Fracture from Trip and Fall at Publix in Miami, Florida
- Slip and Fall on an Old Banana at Publix in Florida Claim
- Florida Court Dismissed Slip and Fall near Deli Counter at Florida Publix
- Shopper’s Trip and Fall on Stock Cart at Florida Publix Allowed to Go to Trial
I am a Miami slip and fall lawyer serving all of Florida
I am a Miami slip and fall lawyer that represents people with neck injuries against Publix in Florida. I also represent people who have all types of injuries that Publix or someone else has caused.
Call Me Now!
Call me now at (888) 594-3577 to find out for FREE if we can represent you. We answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.