If a Disney World hotel’s negligence caused your injury, you may have a case.
Alligator Attacks Boy in Lagoon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel
- Disney Is Putting Up a Fence. Can It Be Used Against Them if Family Sues for the Death by an Alligator?
- Why I think Disney Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Boy Killed by Alligator Case
This is a very sad and tough subject to talk about. That being said, see How Much Compensation a Parent Is Entitled to for the Death of a Child in Florida.
If a Disney World hotel employee spills hot coffee on you, Disney is liable for your injuries.
A 33 year old man was on vacation with his wife and daughter. They went to a character breakfast at a Walt Disney World hotel. During the breakfast, he claimed that a waitress spilled a whole pot of hot coffee on his lap.
He claimed that he had first and second degree burns to his groin area. The case went to trial against Disney in Orange County Court. The man got a verdict of $668,000.
The man used a Miami lawyer. This and any other settlements/verdicts on this page are not mine unless I say that they are. However, I have settled many Florida hotel and resort accident claims.
Hurt at a Disney Hotel in Florida
If a Disney hotel’s negligence caused your injury you while you are a guest, you may have a case to recover your damages. If Disney did nothing wrong, you have no case.
This article focuses on Disney hotel accidents in Florida. I’ve written other articles on:
- Walt Disney World Injury Claims in Orlando
- Walt Disney World Slip, Trip and Fall Claims in Orlando
- Disney Cruise Accident Claims
Do not expect Disney hotels to have medical payments (“Medpay”) coverage. The hotels that Walt Disney World owns in Florida are:
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village or Jambo House
- The Cabins or Campsites
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Board Walk Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Mandara Spa at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resorts
Tishman Swan Limited Partnership owns the Disney Hotels known as the Swan and Dolphin Hotels. Disney does not own these hotels.
Tishman is a franchisee of Starwood Hotels. The Walt Disney Swan or Dolphin hotel’s negligence may cause your injury in an area controlled by the hotel. If so, submit a notice of claim to the hotel and:
Tishman Swan Limited Partnership
1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830; and
Tishman Swan Limited Partnership
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Restaurant Accidents at the Dolphin or Swan Hotel
If a restaurant, lounge or bar’s negligence caused your injury, notify the restaurant of the accident. Find out more about Florida restaurant injury claims.
The restaurants are not owned by Disney or Tishman. You also should send them a written notice of claim to the actual restaurant and the parent company. The following restaurants, lounges and bars are within the Walt Disney World Swan:
Il Mulino New York Trattoria
Il Mulino Lounge
Walt Disney World Dolphin has the following restaurants, lounges and bars:
Todd English’s Bluezoo
Shula’s Steak house
Fresh Mediterranean Market
Cabana Bar and Beach Club
Other hotels not owned by Disney
- Four Seasons Resort – Orlando at the Walt Disney World Resort
Hotels in Downtown Disney not owned by Disney
- B Resort and Spa (Lake Buena Vista)
$215,872 Verdict for Ankle and Lower Leg Injury in Disney Forklift Accident
He argued that the hotel didn’t properly fasten the chairs. Walt Disney denied liability.
The jury found the plaintiff 50% at fault for the accident, so therefore he was awarded half of the verdict. Apparently all of the award was for pain and suffering. The verdict was in 2009. The case is Lord v. Walt Disney World Co.
My thoughts: The only reason that the man could have received money for pain and suffering is if there was an exception to workers compensation immunity, such as the unrelated works doctrine.
In almost every case where a Disney employee is injured while working, the worker does not have a claim for pain and suffering against Disney.
It is also possible that my source is incorrect and that the worker was not an employee Walt Disney World. Apparently, the injured worker did not receive money for his medical bills or lost wages. I find this very strange.
More Info on Florida Hotel Accident Claims
- Hotel, Resort, Motel Injury and Accident Claims in Florida
- Hotel, Resort and Motel Slip and Fall Claims in Florida
- Guest Bathroom Injury Claims at Florida Hotels, Resorts and Motels
- Injury Claims for Poor Security at Florida Hotels, Resort and Motels
Call Me Now!
Call me now at (888) 594-3577 to find out for FREE if we can represent you. We answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.