How to Get the Insurance Company to Quickly Fix Your Car After an Accident

How to get your car fixed after an accident in florida
If you are in a Florida car accident and your car is damaged, you probably want it fixed as fast as possible. To get the car insurance company to pay you for the damage to your car as fast as possible, you should
make a claim with the proper auto insurance company. You can do this by calling or faxing the insurance company and telling them the basic facts of the accident.

If you think someone else was at fault for your accident, you may want to set up a claim under their property damage/physical damage coverage in their auto insurance policy. You should understand that speaking with their insurance company can hurt your case. Do not give them a recorded statement.

If the other person got the ticket for causing the accident, they probably are at fault. You can find their car insurance company by looking at the accident report.  If it is not listed on the crash report, then you may want to see call the driver – that caused your accident – and ask for his or her insurance company contact information. If you don’t have his or her number, send a letter via certified mail return receipt. Then you can know if he or she received your letter.

If you have collision insurance under your policy, your car insurance company will pay for the damage to your car even if you were at fault. The advantage of going through your own car insurance company is that the investigation to determine who caused the auto accident may be done faster than if you go through the other auto insurance company.

If you have a deductible, your car insurance company will only pay for the damage to your car that is above the deductible. For example, if you have $5,000 worth of damage to your car, and you have a $500 deductible, your car insurance will pay $4,500 ($5,000 – $500) to get your car fixed. Your car insurance company will make a claim against the driver who caused the accident to get back the deductible that you paid.

You may also want to set up a property damage claim with BOTH your car insurance company and the auto insurance company of the driver and/or owner of the car that caused your accident. The good thing about making a claim with BOTH insurance companies is that both of them may/will investigate the accident.

If the car insurance company that insures the other driver argues that they are not at fault, your car insurance company will already have a claim set up and they will have finished their investigation. This will allow your car insurance company to quickly pay you so you can have your car fixed.

Check out some of the many Florida injury cases that we have settled, including but not limited to car accidents.  We want to represent you if you were injured in an accident in Florida. If you live in Florida but were injured in another state we may be able to represent you as well.

Call us now at (888) 594-3577 to Get a Free Consultation.  There are No Fees or Costs Unless We Recover Money. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. We speak Spanish. We invite you to learn more about us.

I will not become your attorney by you leaving a comment. There is a time limit to file a lawsuit. All comments will be public. This includes the name that you enter. I only represent people who were hurt in Florida or on a cruise ship; or if the injured person lives in Florida or a family member (in the case of a death) lives in Florida. This is because I am only licensed in Florida.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *