If you are injured on the job, whether in Florida or on a cruise ship, your Employer is responsible to pay for your medical expenses and some of your lost wages under Florida Workers’ Compensation law.
This is true even if you were injured because you weren’t paying attention, or if you caused the accident. Most of the time these benefits are paid through your employers workers compensation insurance company.
In Florida, if you were injured on the job, you generally are not entitled to money for pain and suffering, even if your employer caused the accident.
If you were injured while working on a cruise ship, and your employer was partly or wholly responsible for your incident/accident, then you may also be entitled to money for pain and suffering under the Jones Act.
In Florida, if you were injured on the job and someone else caused your accident or incident, then you may also have a personal injury or wrongful death claim against a third party. I represent injured workers (and the family when appropriate) who have claims against third parties.
Cases where a workplace accident might involve a third-party claim include those where:
- A Forklift hits you
Other work accidents include:
- An outside contractor left a slippery floor causing a slip and fall accident. This could happen at Walmart, Publix, Target or many other places.
- The accident or injury was the result of a defective product.
- Fall off of a defective ladder.
- Tire blowout on a vehicle (car, truck, etc.).
- A forklift crushed you or a forklift that you were driving flipped over.
- The employee was involved in a car accident while on errands for the employer or driving a delivery van.
- An employee was the victim of a violent or sexual assault caused by the negligence of building management or a security company.
- Slip and Fall, or trip and fall while running an errand.
You and your family deserve to have your rights protected. You should be sure to have your claim evaluated by an attorney (other than your employer’s) to see that you are getting the benefits you deserve. I want to be that attorney.
If you were injured on the job, and if no one other than your employer caused the accident, I will work with an attorney from a different law firm and handle your workers’ compensation claim.
If someone else – other than your employer – caused your accident, I will completely handle the portion of the claim against the person or company that caused your accident. I will still work with another law firm on the work accident claim with your employer.
Call Me Now!
Call me now at (888) 594-3577 to find out for FREE if we can represent you. We answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.